I like coffee, tea and wine.
My second name is Koji (弘二) and is a reference to my grandfather’s name.
The above digital painting is a work by my good friend Vítor Rizzato.
I was born in Salvador, Bahia.
Eu vim da Bahia cantar
Eu vim da Bahia contar
Tanta coisa bonita que tem
Na Bahia, que é meu lugar
Tem meu chão, tem meu céu, tem meu mar
(Eu Vim da Bahia - João Gilberto)
- How to use a sphere to talk to Mars. Kevin Hartnett, Quanta Magazine (2017).
- Corrigir o desastre da Internet (in Portuguese or Spanish). Delia Rodríguez, El País (2018).
- Fábricas de conhecimento (in Portuguese). Herton Escobar, Jornal da USP (2019).
- What is Information Theory?. Art of the Problem (2012).
- Why We Should Invest In Rat Massage. MinuteEarth (2019).
Quotes & words
“But remember this, Japanese boy… airplanes are not tools for war. They are not for making money. Airplanes are beatiful dreams. Engineers turn dreams into reality.”
“Mathematical discovery is by no means a matter of systematic deductive procedure. It involves insight, imagination, and long explorations along paths that sometime lead nowhere.”
“Serendipity is the faculty of making discoveries by accident, while searching for something else. In the domain of scientific research, the idea is that the aim is the advance of scientific knowledge; what is discovered later, serendipitously, are applications of the knowledge produced.”
Elucubrar: “passar a noite estudando ou analisando intensamente um assunto”.
My Twitter account is @_miyamotohk.
I like Brazilian Popular Music (MPB) and Brazilian rock.