My second name Koji (弘二) is a reference to my grandfather’s name.
My mother tongue is Brazilian Portuguese.
I am a fan of Studio Ghibli films, and of Joe Hisaishi’s soundtracks.
My Mastodon account is mathstodon.xyz/@miyamotohk.
My MR collaboration distance to Claude Shannon is 4, via the path: Miyamoto—Costa—Sloane—Berlekamp—Shannon.
Eu vim da Bahia cantar
Eu vim da Bahia contar
Tanta coisa bonita que tem
Na Bahia, que é meu lugar
Tem meu chão, tem meu céu, tem meu mar
(Eu Vim da Bahia - João Gilberto)
FEEC academic tree
See more here (in Portuguese).
- How Shannon entropy imposes fundamental limits on communication. Kevin Hartnett, Quanta Magazine (2022).
- The push for open access is making science less inclusive. Alicia Kowaltowski, Marcus Oliveira, Ariel Silber and Hernan Chaimovich , Times Higher Education (2021).
- How Claude Shannon invented the future. David Tse, Quanta Magazine (2020).
- How to use a sphere to talk to Mars. Kevin Hartnett, Quanta Magazine (2017).
- Corrigir o desastre da Internet (in Portuguese or Spanish). Delia Rodríguez, El País (2018).
- Solving Wordle using information theory, 3Blue1Brown (2022).
- Why we should invest in rat massage, MinuteEarth (2019).
- Information Theory playlist, Art of the Problem.
- IEEE ITsoc videos, Art of the Problem series.
- The Bit Player (documentary film about Claude Shannon), Mark A. Levinson (2019).
A “proof by contradiction” to why research in mathematics should be funded.
This digital painting is a work by my friend Vítor Rizzato.